Goals: Upon completion of the class, participants should be able to access and efficiently search PubMed.
Objectives: By the end of the class, participants should be able to:
• Access PubMed via the HSL database page.
• Create a PubMed search strategy using MesH terms, when appropriate.
• Search PubMed using field tags for author, title, etc.
• Use the Limits features to gain more precise search results.
• Link-Out to full-text articles via PubMed
This class covers the features and search techniques available for searching NLM's web-based version of MEDLINE, PubMed. Included are the unique search features, how to perform simple and complex searches, how to use limits to narrow a search, as well as how to save and print a search strategy. Also discussed is the use of PubMed Linkout which allows users to link from the search results to full-text articles.
|NYMCat Account | Staff | Suggestions | Touro Libraries||© Health Sciences Library|
New York Medical College
15 Dana Rd., Valhalla, NY 10595
Tel. (914) 594 4200