1. The library is a communal learning space. As such it provides both quiet study and an environment for experimentation with new technologies.
- Develop a plan to enhance the Skyline Library space both with new furniture, incorporation of the surrounding rooms, and power to the tables in the reading rooms.
- Increase standing workspaces in the library.
- Develop plans for: library employee work space, downstairs area, and Hutzler gallery.
- Providing additional specific space(s) for "communal" learning. Designate quiet spaces.
- Minimize staff noise.
- Promote 3D printing capabilities.
2. The library provides access to information resources to all NYMC users.
- Launch and promote use of UpToDate for students and on-campus faculty.
- Redesign library web page consistent with new NYMC design.
- Launch new mobile app site developed in conjunction with Touro Libraries.
- Launch institutional repository and develop a related open access policy.
- Complete migration to open source Koha integrated library system with greater functionality and cost savings.
- Assure library staff training on new resources and updates.
- Utilize full functionality of LibGuides and LibAnswers in providing access and services.
3. The library supports NYMC research activities.
- Launch institutional repository with full text open access to articles and posters showcasing NYMC research.
- Promote research support to faculty and/or students.
- Launch ORCID initiative.
- Teach classes on data management; grant searching; digital publishing and other areas of research interest.
- Promote systematic review services; Create MOU.
4. The library is fully engaged in the educational curriculum of all three schools.
- Expand course pages and electronic reserves.
- Develop plan to integrate EBM and library themes into curriculum.
- Explore advanced EBM training for librarians and other faculty.
- Develop a grant proposal to develop EBM faculty development training.
5. The library maintains the historical archives of the university and produces products that celebrate our rich history.
- Complete archiving of Westchester Medical Society instruments.
- Inventory materials in the Archives room in the lower library. Relocate where possible.
- Include historical items in new institutional repository.
- Develop displays, exhibits, and features highlighting different aspects of the school's history.
6. The library engages members and organizations of the Hudson Valley through outreach and education.
- Host programs and exhibitions on history of medicine and other relevant topics.
- Create a community webpage.
- Increase Special Memberships
- Seek development opportunities.