Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Portrait of Horace E. Ayers, M.D., c1878-1967
Portrait of Horace E. Ayers, M.D. 1909 on display on the second floor of the Skyline Building
Works by Horace. E. Ayers
Held in the Library's Historical Collections, this volume can be viewed upon request:
Ayers, Horace. Free Choice. Quarterly of the Alumni Association of the New York Medical College. Vol 1(1) April 1939. Pg.5.
Ayers, H.E. and J.G. Mussio. Obstetrical maneuvers on the ayers manikin. 1943.; Sound; Color; 22 minutes.
Brief Biographical Sketch
Birth: circa 1878
Horace Ayers was a 1909 graduate of the New York Homeopathic Medical College, where he went on to become Professor of Obstetrics and Gynecology from 1923-1938. He served as President of the Board of Governors of the Alumni Association from 1927-1930. In 1940, he was honored with a testimonial dinner-dance by his staff from Metropolitan and Flower and Fifth Avenue Hospitals. After retirement, Dr. Ayers was awarded status of Professor Emeritus of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
- Professor Emeritus, Obstetrics & Gynecology,
- Testimonial dinner held in his honor by staff of Metropolitan and Flower and Fifth Avenue Hospitals on April 20, 1940.
Source: Quarterly of the Alumni Association of the New York Medical College April 1940. 2(1), p. 11.
- Professor, Obstetrics & Gynecology, 1923-1938
- President, Board of Governors of the Alumni Association, 1927-1930
- Graduated, New York Homeopathic Medical College, 1909
Additional Biographical Information:
- Honored by New York State Section of the International College of Surgeons, 1958
Source: Chironian 19(4), January 1958.
- Member, Medical Grievance Committee of the State of New York. [n.d.]
- Secretary, Academy of Pathological Sciences [n.d.]
Source: Chironian April 1940. 2(1), p. 10