Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Portrait of Charles McDowell, M.D., 1857-1945
Selected Works by Charles McDowell
"Suggestions on Preventive Medicine in General Practice", presented at the Homeopathic Medial Society of the County of New York, 1903.
"What Vaccination has Accomplished." New York Board of Education. Public Lecture, 1908.
Brief Biographical Sketch
New York Medical College History: ¹
- Emeritus Professor, Physiology and Public Health, 1936-1945.
- Professor, Physiology and Public Health, 1929-1935.
- Head, Department of Physiology, 1921-28.
- Professor, Physiology, 1886-1928.
- Recording Secretary, Alumni Association, 1886-89.
- Demonstrator and Assistant to the Chair, Pathology, 1884-85.
- Graduated, 1878.
- Charles and Harriett Cox McDowell Professorship of Philosophy and Religion, Swarthmore College, established, 1952. ²
- Graduate, Swarthmore College, 1877. ³
- New York Homeopathic Medical College and New York Medical College Annual Announcements.
- Swarthmore College: Endowed Chairs. http://www.swarthmore.edu/cc_endowedchairs.xml. Accessed January 6, 2014.
- Swarthmore College. Reports of the President and of the Treasurer for the Year 1956-1957. 1958:55 (8, Part 2): 26.