Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Portrait of Frank Hopkins Boynton, M.D., 1850-1913
Selected Biographical Sources
Brief Biographical Sketch
Birth: July 20, 1850
Death: July 8, 1913
- Director and Professor of Ophthalmology, Surgeon, Attending Surgeon, and Governing Surgeon at New York Ophthalmic Hospital (1878-1913)¹‚²
- Professor of Ophthalmology, New York Homeopathic Medical College (1891-1901)²
- Consulting Specialist, Flower Hospital (1897-1901)²
- President of the Board of Governors of the Alumni Association, New York Homeopathic Medical College (1896)³
- Assistant to the Chair of Clinical Ophthalmology, New York Homeopathic Medical College (1886-7)²
- First Vice-President, Alumni Association, New York Homeopathic Medical College (1886 - 1887)²
- Student at New York Homeopathic Medical College (M.D.) (1872 - 1874)²
Additional Biographical Information:
- Member of the New York State and the New York County Homœopathic Medical societies, the American Institute of Homœopathy, the New York Homœopathic Medical Club, and the Jahr Club.
- Dr. Boynton is buried at Woodlawn Cemetery¹ in the Bronx, New York City.
- Letter from daughter, Ora Boynton Lininger, dated 24 November 1966, located in NYMC Archives Box 17, Folder 3.
- New York Homeopathic Medical College Annual Annoucements
- Board of Governors, Alumni Association.