Birth: April 24, 1837, Westminster, VT
Death: December 5, 1902
- President, Board of Trustees, 1900-1901.
- Member, Board of Trustees, 1893-1899, 1901-1902.
- Dean, New York Homeopathic Medical College, 1882-1893.
- Professor, Therapeutics and Materia Medica, New York Homeopathic Medical College, appointed 1871.
- Professor, Anatomy, New York Homeopathic Medical College, appointed 1867.
- Son, Paul Allen, graduated from New York Medical College, 1889.
Additional Biographical Information:
- Member of the Corporation, New York Botanical Garden, 1891-1902.
- Co-editor, New York Journal of Homeopathy, 1873-74.
- Co-editor, United States Medical and Surgical Journal, 1867-70.
- Member, Board of Trustees, State Homeopathic Insane Asylum in Middletown, New York, 1870-1874.
- Vice President, Torrey Botanical Club, 1873-1902.
- Assistant Surgeon, U.S. Army, 1862-1864.
- Graduate, New York University, 1861 (M.D.).
- Graduate, Amherst College, 1858, 1861(A.M.), 1885 (LL.D.).